Saturday, 1 February 2014

What I Bought | Sales Shopping

What could be a better way to say goodbye to January, than saying 'hello!' to what I bought in the January sales?!

BLACK JACKET ~ LA VERSION ORIGINALE
In keeping with #3 of my Blogging Resolutions to build a capsule wardrobe, I bought this jacket in Galeries Lafayette when I went shopping in Paris with my mum (read about it, here!). It's black so it goes with everything and  I love the military style, which is slightly softened by the quilted leather sleeves. It also has so many useful pockets for storing everything that I need securely.
SPOTTY SHIRT  ~ AVANT PREMIÈRE
Everyone needs something spotty in their life - it's quite versatile for a print. This shirt is a denim blue with a slightly utilitarian feel to it as the fabric feels very sturdy and there is quite a sharp fit. (Not that you can see it in this photo because I can't iron and it was creased from being squished in my suitcase.)
BURGUNDY T-SHIRT ~ GALERIES LAFAYETTE
 You can see that I really have a thing for clothes with quilted sleeves. This is just another basic t-shirt that will go with pretty much anything and it has quilted sleeves - it's the little details that count, people!
 FISHTAIL FLORAL CAMI TOP ~ £12 £28 ~ TOPSHOP
This was love at first sight. Yes, I know I'm supposed to be buying basic pieces for my wardrobe but I couldn't resist! It is long and flowy which, personally, reminds me of a butterfly. The back has a cheeky 'v' which means you can't really wear a bra without it showing - a nice but slightly annoying touch.
 PETITE MOTO VINTAGE SKINY LEIGH JEANS ~ £38 ~ TOPSHOP
These babies have been on my wish list for ages and I've needed jeans for a long time, as well. They are super skinny and comfy but I'm hoping that they won't stretch. I bought them using some gift cards that I got for Christmas because they are quite expensive but so worth it!
BLACK JEGGINGS ~ £12 £22 ~ TOPSHOP
I needed more jeggings, leggings and trousers - I do, I promise. These were discounted, not see through (so important!) and fit very snuggly!
HIGH WAISTED DOUBLE OMBRE TIE DYE SHORTS ~ £20 £70KILL CITY (SELFRDGES)
Two photos were necessary to show the amazing-ness of these shorts! Not only were they discounted from £90 to a mere £20, but they are tie-dye, high-waisted and purple-y blue - my favourite colours. I went shopping with my friends and we decided to have a browse in Selfridges, more window shopping than anything else, but we we ended up on the denim level (with Primark Denim & Co.) and I found my dream shorts!

If you managed to make it through all the (beautifully taken) photos and mini rambling reviews of adoration - well done! And in case you were wondering, no, I don't have a shopping addiction. I don't think...

What did you buy in the January sales? And, do you like this style of haul posts?

~Hannah xx
twitter ~ bloglovin' ~ youtube ~ pinterest ~ wiwt

4 comments:

  1. The shorts are perfect! You got some great bargains! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them, they are definitely a bargain for that price. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the price tag.

      ~Hannah xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic blog I have ever seen. I didn’t find this kind of information till now. Thank you so much for sharing this information.
    Herbal Incense

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I read them all and they make my day!
If you have any more questions, tweet me @HannahWTMF.